Monday, June 02, 2008

The road is calling

vancouver, canada

I'm thinking about travelling again. It's been over three years now since I returned home from Johannesburg (as soon as I wrote that I had to stop for a second to do the math in my head because it seems impossible that it could have been that long ago).
Let me clarify, I never actually stop thinking about travelling, I've just pushed practical thoughts of planning a trip to the back of my mind for the past 36 months in an effort to focus on building a career. A career that I hope one day will financially facilitate my insatiable appetite for going places I've never been before.
In the mean-time, I was notified via email this week past that I have 13.5 days of vacation that I must use before September of this year or else I will lose it. I could spend it turning long weekends into EXTRA-long weekends full of camping, fishing, ATVing, and relaxing at the lake.... which I will certainly do. But I am also inclined to take a full week and do something a little more adventurous.

After only 20 minutes of soliciting ideas via a status update on my facebook profile, I have already received two appealing suggestions:

Party in Las Vegas & SCUBA in Grand Cayman

Both have their merits but I want a more exhaustive list of ideas. Maybe it's time to visit some of those long-lost friends from the road?

And so I turn to you.

2 comments:

Jennifer Wilson said...

Hey - is it true??? You are goign to start blogging again? I will add you to my links (and I will be a hige fan of course). Looking forward to seeing you at your cabin!
Jen

Rich said...

Well I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this up. I enjoy writing about travelling but I currently have no immediate plans for any significant trips.... which leaves my blog with a bit of a faulty theme

But thank you for being the first to post a comment!